To Join The House Ó Raghaillaigh is to be a member of the Fianna
first. You will have to follow the Leabhar Dlithe, the Fianna book of laws, and then make sure you can meet the lofty expectations
Argyll demands of his Ó Raghaillaighs.
We have some criteria you must meet before joining the clan, and we have some fairly high demands of our members. If
you can not commit to the level Argyle expects, you are welcome to come and go as you please, but don't call yourself an Ó Raghaillaigh. We will be happy to have you fight with us even if you
don't want to fully commit. You will be our highly valuable peasant warrior class. Here are our requirements:
- You must have a propper celtic leg wear. This can be either plaid pants or a kilt, pants were historically accurate the
kilt may not be, but is cool nontheless. These can be home-made, but may not be crap. A good tunic is also required
- You must purchase an Ó Raghaillaigh belt flag from Argyle
- You must have read the To be an Ó Raghaillaigh guidebook
- You have a visual/physical method of recording your kills once you are a member
- You've chosen a character name and created a characted background one paragraph in length (or been provided with one)
that fits with the Ó Raghaillaigh legend.
- You've been attending Ó Raghaillaigh practices for 2 months or at least 6 practices.
- You must have a Dagorhir/Belegarth ready red-weapon (Long Sword, Great Sword, Axe, Hammer, Glaive, etc.)
- And when you've fulfilled the aforementioned prerequisites you must kneel before Argyle and recite the Oath of Servitude
(in English at least) without the use of an aid. The oath can be found in both the Chronicles of Ginneighsack and the To Be
an Ó Raghaillaigh manual. When Ó Raghaillaighs were made in olden times, it
was done much like knighting, where the oath was said by a vassal kneeling before a lord, who then tapped him once on each
shoulder with the holy blade. The Ó Raghaillaigh way is different in that if you fail to recite
the oath correctly the vassals head was hewn from his neck by the lord. Do not fail in reciting the oath.
We also have some demands of you as a person before joining:
- Ó Raghaillaigh fighters are to be trained well versed in the wielding of Red weapons. You must train
in both Red and Sword and Board fighting styles
- You must be resonsible and mature about communication. You are wasting our time if you don't respond to emails, and don't
take us seriously. Join another group or stay at home if you don't know how to check emails on a weekly basis.
- You must be committed. As an Ó Raghaillaigh we expect a solid level of committment from you. We
want people to be at practices and battles and other events pretty much all the time. If you are unreliable and preoccupied
with other things, work included, we don't want you.
- You fight with honor and play by the Dagorhir and Belegarth Rulebooks, as well as respecting your superiors.
- You must let Argyll know two days prior to missing a practice. Three strikes and your no longer a member.
- Commitment. What sets the Ó Raghaillaighs apart, or the intention of the Ó
Raghaillaighs , is to be a puritannicaly loyal and committed group of fighters. As a unit we demand a level of commitment
that exceeds all other units/realms/chapters in both sports of Dagorhir and Belegarth. To be a full Ó Raghaillaigh
(garb/belt-flag/oath), is not to be taken lightly. You are expected to attend every practice you can possibly attend, and
no excuses for hanging out with girlfriends, going to the movies, oversleeping, or being an unaccountable bastard in general.
Of the 15 or so people that have fought with the Ó Raghaillaigh clan, only 4 are full members
currently. These four are completely loyal, and represent everything that the intention of our group is. I want to expand
this elite group of full members, but not at the expense of losing quality in terms of commitment. Do not become a full member
unless you are ready to dedicate those couple hours every week, and fight with us at every event you can. I will take this
very seriously, and so you must.
When it comes down to it, we want a loyal few over a crappy many. It's not a lot to ask that you be a responsible and mature
member and keep in communication. Do that and you are absolutely welcome to join us.
Once your ready email Argyll to join at: